Jobs BoardPost a Job
Position: Director of Finance
Reports to: CEO
The Director of Finance is primarily responsible for all general accounting, budgeting, payroll, IT systems and financial reporting for the organization. Secondary responsibilities involve overseeing human resource processes and procedures, office operations, and insurance risk management. This is a key leadership position that helps set and manage the standards for confidentiality, ethics and fiduciary responsibility for the entire organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review/establish/enforce sound internal accounting control policies for all organizational activities.
- Maintain chart of accounts to support GAAP accounting for all activities of the organization. Accounting structure must also support accounting for specific grants and other designated funds and 990 reporting.
- Ensure timely and accurate payment of obligations/deposit of cash receipts.
- Manage inventory maintenance and monthly reconciliation.
- Manage time and attendance reporting and ensure accurate and timely payroll transactions.
- Reconcile balance sheet account for month-end closing and preparation of GAAP financial statements for review by CEO and board of directors by the 15th of each month.
- Monitor and reconcile bank accounts, investment accounts, and trust accounts and maintain cash flow projections, alerting CEO of any concerns.
- Manage and lead the preparation of the annual budget for the CEO and the department heads. Complete review process with executive committee in time to insure submission of the annual budget to the board for approval at the last board meeting of the year.
- Work with audit firm selected by executive committee to complete annual audit and 990 by dates stipulated by CEO and board of directors.
- Maintain up-to-date confidential personnel files on each employee in a manner consistent with organizational policies and state and federal legal requirements.
- Under the direction of the CEO/board of directors maintain the employee handbook. Monitor and enforce organizational human resource policies and procedures. Communicate approved changes to policies and procedures by the CEO to members of the staff.
- Manage employee benefits including health and supplemental insurance coverage. Work with vendors to negotiate the best coverage at the best price and present findings to board of directors each year.
- Work with department heads to maintain up-to-date job descriptions.
- Train, manage insure that all department heads perform accurate and timely 90 introductory period reviews and annual performance evaluations.
- Work with department heads to post job openings and coordinate application, screening and hiring processes.
- Develop and coordinate on-boarding of new hires.
- Provide specific training to department heads in the disciplinary process and act as observer in disciplinary meetings.
- Deliver mandatory training to employees such as the annual harassment training and investigate employee complaints.
- Act as the point person for workers compensation reports and claims.
- Ensure efficient office operations through evaluating and maintaining equipment and staff training in the use of equipment such as copiers, computers, phones.
- Oversee filing systems, storage and destruction of files and confidentiality of files.
- Work with information technology contractor to maintain internal network and internet functions as well as software needed in day-to-day operations. Ensure software is licensed and up to date.
- Manage network log-ins and email addresses.
- Manage access control system.
Risk Management and Compliance
- Primary contact with insurance vendor, ensuring adequate and customary coverage for all organizational activities is in place.
- Monitor safety throughout the organization through a committee of managers to report on and address deficiencies to minimize injury and illness.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and 5 years of budgeting and general ledger/financial reporting experience, with specific experience in non-profit and grant accounting.
- CPA highly desirable.
- Experience handling Confidential Information of a Financial & Human Resource nature.
- Must have valid Driver’s License and insurable driving record.
- Power Point Presentation skills to management groups in the area of Finance a plus.
Essential Physical & Mental Requirements of the Job:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills in order to engage with employees, groups of employees in training and information meeting sessions, with guests, customers and clients.
Physically must be able to lift at least 25lbs. and move this for a distance of 5 to 10 feet periodically.
Must be ambulatory to be able to reach all areas of the buildings do to meet safety requirements and perform job duties.
Human Resource Manager
Position Summary Description:
Fortune 500 Company is looking for an experienced Human Resource Professional who has a minimum of 5 years of experience in managing the Human Resource function in a manufacturing environment preferably Textile.
Must have excellent oral & written communication skills,
a high energy level, with experience in the following areas: performance management , compensation & benefits, strong positive employee relations experience, union free environments, safety, recruiting and training.
Must have at a minimum a four year degree from a recognized
4 year accredited College or University: in Business, Human Resources, or Organizational Psychology.
HRCI certified candidates with a PHR or SPHR or SHRM certified CP or SCP given priority.
Facility is located in the Southeast in Alabama. Our client is looking for candidates that are promotable in a short period of time.
Excellent salary, bonus potential and benefits with relocation package for the right individual.
This is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send resumes with salary history and requirements