Understanding the Impact of Emotional Intelligence on Communication - Virtual
Did you know the signals to your brain must first pass through the emotional processing centers before reaching the frontal lobe where rational thought occurs? What does this mean for us? If we don’t learn to manage our impulses, we will not succeed as a good communicator.
Your Emotional Intelligence (EI) reveals itself in your words and actions. The good news is you can develop skills to increase your EI, thereby improving your communication skills.
Participants in this course will be able to:
- Define Emotional Intelligence
- Explain the difference between Emotional Intelligence and intelligence
- Recognize and identify their emotions correctly as well as those of others
- Use awareness of emotions to manage responses in a positive way
- Assess their current Emotional Quotient (EQ) and identify areas for improvement
- Explain why EI matters
- Choose specific actions to increase their EQ
This is a 2 Day Virtual Class. Students must attend class on both days.
May 18 & 20, 2021
Class meets 9:00am - 12:30pm
May 18 & 20
9:00 a.m.- 12:30 p.m.
Members: $255 per person
Registered participants who fail to attend a class ('no-shows') will be charged full class cost. The 'no-show' fee may not be used as a credit for another EN class, or other type of event or service.
A 'late notice' charge (50% of the class fee) will be charged for cancellations made less than 48 hours before the scheduled class starting time. The 'late notice' charge may not be used as a credit for another EN class. or other type of event or service.