Course Information HR Boot Camp
To perform successfully in a human resources position, you need a variety of skills and abilities. You must be a good communicator as well as be aware of the federal and state rules and regulations that govern the workplace. The ability to juggle many tasks at one time is also a must and that is just the start of the list!
In this one-day program you will learn everything you need to know to excel in your human resource role. We will covers six core HR areas:
The HR Function – Understand the purpose and value of HR and how it impacts the bottom line.
Employment Law – Learn about compliance with key legislation that impacts employment.
Selection and Retention – Learn how you can hire and retain talented team members.
Total Rewards – Discover all the elements of total compensation; it’s more than a paycheck.
Performance Management – Understand the value and best practices for managing performance.
Organizational Development and Training – Find out how training, development, and orientation contribute to your company's culture and ultimate success.
Who Should Attend
Individuals new to the human resources field, small business owners or professionals who are responsible for HR.
At the end of the program participants will have an awareness of:
- Best practices and compliance for FMLA, FLSA, ADA, EEOC, AAP, FCRA, Title VII, Workers Comp, drug testing, background checks, and state laws
- Best practices and common pitfalls in hiring
- Cost of bad hires
- How to retain talented employees
- Positive on-boarding practices
- Competitive benefits and compensation practices and how to market your total package to new hires
- Appropriately managing performance with available resources
- Why orientations are important
- Using holistic approach to steer the organizational culture
- Using training to develop, motivate & reward employees